Facts of life
“Arogya parama labha
santutthi paramam dhanam
nibbanam paramam sukham.”
Health is the greatest gift, Contentment is the greatest wealth, a trusted Friend is the best relative, Nibbana is the greatest bliss.
(Dhammapada Verse 204 Pasenadikosala Vatthu)
I salute Buddhism as a philosophy to explain the reality of nature and a religion to inspire you to achieve greater heights. However I do not select my friends based on cast, creed or religion. They are man made barriers, preventing interaction and forgetting the greater harmony.
A carrot dissolves when boiled, an egg sends bad fumes, coffee beans spread good odour. Like coffee beans, a one with resilience spreads good will when intimidated. (Ajahn Kalyano, Chief Monk, Bodhivana Monastry, situated 100km towards east of Melbourne CBD)
Nice topics in Buddhism
- How to teach Buddhism to my children, Guided Meditations for Children
- Buddhist view of World Financial Crisis
- Buddhist Economics
- Guide for Harmonious Living
- The Layman’s Code of Discipline
- Debate of Greek King Milinda and a Monk
- Roberto Baggio & Buddhism
- Neuroscience backs up the Buddhist belief that “the self” isn’t constant, but ever-changing
- Mind over matter: Study reveals meditation’s brain-optimising benefits
- Is killing vermin and insects justifiable?
Interesting movies aligning with Buddhism
In-harmony with other faiths
- Buddhism & Hinduism, Buddha was a HIndu by birth, later founded Buddhism
- Similarities between Buddhism & Christianity, also another theory, Jesus was a Buddhist Monk? by BBC
- Similarities between Buddhism & Islam, Another thought, Muhammad in Buddhist Scriptures, Islam and Buddhism
Updated on 2016-07-30T11:16:24+00:00, by .